1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First date, post-divorce.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, Nov 16, 2017.

1. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Best advice (besides the trimming of the pubes) is dating is a lot different now than it used to be. Take it easy. Don't rush anything. Don't be surprised if she takes off her underwear and lays it on the table halfway through the meal. Don't be surprised if everything ends with a chaste kiss.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

YOU CAN'T SPELL MANSCAPING WITHOUT MAN

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You can't spell it without Aping, either.

4. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Have been single for about 3 months now. There's a woman who works on the floor above me. We chat on the elevator. Wanted to ask her out basically the minute I was single but forced myself to hold out until a week ago. Asked her out for coffee so we could have a conversation longer than an elevator ride (thought that was relatively smooth).

She agreed in principle and was going to give me a business card but didn't have one on her. I pointed that she could just give me her phone number then gave her a business card and she gave me a pen to write my cell number on the card. Have heard nothing from her. Gonna be some awkward elevator rides in my future.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Your next text is coming from HR. "Why don't you have a seat over there?"

The what's the proper age thing is a continual question/running debate when you're back "out there" in your late 50s (now early 60s). Yeah, no high school, I get that. My basic rule is first digit has to be a 3 (and before anyone goes smart ass, there has to be a second digit)

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sheesh ... I can't imagine dating.

7. champ_kind

We rent office space from Regus, so it's all different companies in the building. Not that this wouldn't be shitting where I eat, but we work for different companies. But, yeah, I'm 35 and she's I believe 27, so that could certainly be something she's not interested in. Plus there's the moment of, "Oh shit, she knows my full name now, better go see what is public on Facebook."

Although the first thing you see is my cover photo, which I would think would be worth a cup of coffee just to hear the story.

[​IMG]

typefitter likes this.
  8. The Big Ragu

Are you Julie or Nikki?

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Go on, out yourself. You're among friends - which one are you.

And DrQ, it is rather interesting. I'm even sure they call it dating anymore.

10. champ_kind

:(

11. The Big Ragu

Wanna hang out?

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Well, I knew I was in trouble now
    My hope of winning sank
    Oh, 'cause I got the Daily Double now
    And then my mind went blank