1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First date, post-divorce.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by exmediahack, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Can we induct ExMedia into the SJ Hall of Fame now or do we need to bother with a vote?

Vombatus likes this.
  2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

This path is not for everyone. You do have to compartmentalize quite a bit.

In eight months into this and, while it’s been fun, there are some challenges. Like my son asking why my dates are hotter than his when I am as old as I am. (Ducking.)

However, anyone on this board can relate. You have to go through a LOT of hell to get divorced. It sucks. Anguish. Disappointment. All that crap.

I’m just trying to make up for it through casual se—-, er, I’m just trying to live my life.

One thing I see. I was out of dating for 20 years. Damn, I see so many sloppy guys. Even guys who, at first glance, would be considered attractive.

On top of that, they don’t open doors for women. There is a balance between masculine and respectful.

I’m a bit old school but it works for my personality. Little things. I don’t dick around with debit cards for a pack of gum - I carry cash on a money clip. I tip generously but am generally frugal. I trim the damn fingernails and make sure they’re always clean when they need to be. Always wear a shirt with a collar when I’m out. Little things.

We’ve all been in press boxes. Lots of sloppy dudes - and those are professionals! I’ll see guys who look like they’re sweating out a 14-inch gamer on Pirates-Marlins when I’m out on a Friday night.

I’ve found it’s not about buying expensive crap to impress but taking care of what you do have.

That and playing side one of Led Zeppelin IV.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  3. ICanRowCanoe?

ICanRowCanoe? Member

Can I ask, as I contemplate my own return to the dating world ... if it's magical, why not be monogamous? Is it not a path you want to go down again?

Understand if you don't want to get into it.

4. exmediahack

It’s all good.

She’s younger with kids a decade younger than mine. She wants to eventually find a sugar daddy to help with that — I don’t blame her. She works hard, makes good money but she could use another responsible adult in her life as a parent.

I’ve raised kids and I’m not that far from moving the last one into college. When I’m done with that... I’m done.

After being in bad marriages, both of us are a bit afraid of committing because right now we only see each other’s best sides.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Continuity error, or intended to show he was an idiot, that instead he plays Kashmir?

6. exmediahack

Always believed “idiot”.

7. ICanRowCanoe?

ICanRowCanoe? Member

I get all that. Thanks for the answer.

Last line definitely strikes a chord with me. The "real" stuff in a relationship holds zero appeal to me right now.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to make light of your divorce. Seeing my sister go through one has given me a glimpse into how much it sucks (she doesn't have kids, thank God or it works have been worse). I just wanted to give my "I'm not worthy" with how you're jumping into the dating world. You are a bad ass for how you're handling this difficult time and for making me look at a Laz-e-boy differently.

9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

CD97A456-1A9E-4A4C-8580-8ED8AC494B70.jpeg

Googled “Laz E Boy Flipped Over” and found that. Apparently some advertising brochure on how the company got started.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

No kissing on the mouth?

[​IMG]

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Fuuuuuuuck that.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Ex is right. Women of a certain age or maturity level have been conditioned for so long to lower their expectations of us that it’s really not hard to impress them anymore.

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted