1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Cowherd, now Greenie. Ground-breaking sitcom on the way

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, May 5, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

hmmm. i thought it was, 'long-time listener, first-time caller.' 8)

i keed, i keed. :D ;) 8)

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

"So it will be a combination between Dave's World and Listen Up, except it's about a radio guy who is about 10,000 times less popular than Dave Barry or Tony Kornheiser."

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks Mizzou! It was "Listen Up!" ESPN's first attempt of giving their radio/TV stars a show.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

This can't be any worse than the other night when I accidentally clicked on NFL Live and heard Golic's commentary on Osama.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Shouldn't George Wendt be playing Golic?

6. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

For mature audiences only...

7. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

We're all just assuming it will be called "One Oaf and a Half Man," right?

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

So ... there is no reason for me to start listening to Turd and Turd in the Morning?
    Then I will continue a policy I began back in the Bush Administration.

10. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Greenberg's book may have been the worst sports-themed book I've picked up in ten years.

Just full of schtick and he is a hard guy to really get any sympathy for. Growing up with a silver spoon. Northwestern then at ESPN in his mid-20's. Greeny was born on third base and it comes across in every radio show he does.

At least, Cowherd busted his hump for years in local TV and, just when he saw local TV sports was dying, re-invented himself in radio while he was in Portland and made a successful jump to Bristol. I respect that 10x more than anything Greenberg puts out.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Two hacks I don't watch/listen to. And two TV shows I will have zippo interest in.

12. PeterGibbons

PeterGibbons Member

I seriously don't understand how Mike and Mike is still on, I've never met one person who enjoys they show, and the few times I've accidentally turned them on I could only stomach it maybe 10 minutes. It's like listening to my grandparents bicker at each other!! The only difference was I actually liked my grandparents.

I'm not sure who is a bigger whiner either, how the hell did Golic ever make it to the NFL? It's like listening to a 3-year-old having a temper tantrum every morning!

Draft saved Draft deleted