1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First College Football Thread For 2007 (Week One!!!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery_Meat, Aug 30, 2007.

1. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

At least Cowherd's doing a great job of embarrassing himself in the booth.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Unfortunately, the Jim Brown jerseys cannot put Jim Brown in Syracuse's backfield.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Yes, Starkville is a shitty town. Shoulda left the 'ville off the name. But the program doesn't have to be shitty. The town isn't the coach's responsibility, but the program is. As a group they looked pretty fractured Thursday night. When that's the case, you seriously have to wonder if the coach's program is working.

My point about gauging LSU was that they had so much handed to them with the picks, they were never under any pressure, and they were nowhere close to emptying the playbook. We'll know a lot more about them next week than we do now.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I've always liked Chris Spielman in the booth. If they pair him up with Cowshit all year I'm gonna be maaaaaaad.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Cowturd is awful. Period. Maybe if they paired him with Holly Rowe they'd take each other out....and not dating...

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

While we have refused to listen to Cowherd, I listened to the podcast in which it was confirmed by Cowherd that he's in the booth with Spielman and McDononugh.

Frankly, as long as he's reigned in and not jump off the cliff, he'll be decent. Sean and Chris are solid.

BTW, when will ESPN get rid of Big and Rich. They are so 2005 and I can't stand that damn song.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

For the first time, I'm following my alma mater out of State territory. It's kind of weird, since for all these years now I've lived in an area where you could hear the game on 12 radio stations. Now I have to stumble to a bar in town, one that has the Big Ten Network.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Appalachian is hot, hot, hot!

7-7 after that big play in the Big House.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

It floors me that Colorado and Colorado State began their game at 10 a.m. Mountain time. Barely gives you time to tailgate. Just a bizarre starting time. Mid-afternoon, sure. But 10 a.m.?

Anyway, good game so far, with Colorado up 14-7. Three drives, three touchdowns. And the Rams just crossed midfield on this drive.

10. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Gotta get that TV money, baby!

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Four drives, four touchdowns in this Colorado-Colorado State game tied at 14.

But man, I wish I could see App State tied at 14 at The Big House.

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Big day for the non-ACC North Carolina schools so far: East Carolina winning at Virginia Tech and Appalachian State tied with Michigan.

Draft saved Draft deleted