1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First College Football Thread For 2007 (Week One!!!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery_Meat, Aug 30, 2007.

1. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Why does it have to be a white phone? Why can't it be a black phone. [/boots]

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

It's difficult to tell how good LSU is from that game, because Mississippi State played so poorly. If Croom's job is not on the line, it should be, this being his fourth year and having nothing but players he recruited in the program. I saw them two years ago, and I was struck by how skinny all their players were compared with the other team, but I figured with time that would change. It wasn't any different last night.

As an aside, and as somone who has panned her (and sideline reporters in general) on here in the past, I liked what I got from Erin Andrews during the broadcast. The stuff about Henig sitting by himself and no one coming by to speak to him was telling. Not earth-shattering, I know, but better than most of the drivel we get from sideys.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Iowa State is getting what it deserves. They never should have fired McCarney.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Honestly, the score may indicate otherwise, but there were times where the Bulldogs defense was getting the better of LSU's line pretty regularly in the first half. The four first half interceptions killed them, but it was only 3-0 at the end of the first and 17-0 at halftime, the second touchdown coming on the last play of the half.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I got to see about three minutes of the LSU-MSU game, but for those who want to show Croom the door: Who would you have replace him? It's a shitty program in a town that's awful when compared to every other campus in the SEC, and Jesus himself might have a tough time recruiting. I know eventually you have to make a change if things aren't working out just to show you're trying, but seriously, what's going to be different if you fire Croom? Will people suddenly decide Starkville is a cool town? Nope.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Beano Cook just picked LSU to beat Penn State in the title game and Colt Brennan to win the Heisman. Sounds about right for Beano.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

He just wanted to say PENN STATE on the air.

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

What's the over/under on margin of victory for Top 25 schools this week?

9. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Are you doubting Austin Scott, Anthony Morelli and a completely rebuilt defensive line? How dar -- no, wait, that's about right ...

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Half-listening to Mike and Mike on ESPN.

Is there a bigger egomanical fucking blowhard on Earth than Charlie Weis?

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

They'll still make a bowl game, which three years ago, they wouldn't have. At least they have some skill position talent.

Though I could see Scott having a Larry Johnson-style breakout season. I remember hearing about how he was Christ Reincarnated when he was at Parkland.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Yeah, there is. Their names are Mike and Mike, and Jim Rome.

Draft saved Draft deleted