1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First College Football Thread For 2007 (Week One!!!)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mystery_Meat, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Also, I'm pretty sure that poor Miss State safety shat himself after getting de-cleated and quite possible de-testicled on a block from an LSU receiver.

LSU is so talented. Too bad Big Hat McGee will fuck it up again.

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I don't know a damn thing about La Salle football, other than it's a I-AA (bite me, NCAA) school, but nonetheless, I'd have to imagine that getting beaten 28-0 by D-III Ursinus isn't a good thing. :eek:

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

Cuff is a solid back, but I wouldn't go as far to say that he will be a third-down back in the NFL. He may get a free agent contract at some point and make a practice squad, but to make a roster is difficult. He has a nice skill set. He was able to run over a very poor William and Mary defense tonight.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm pretty sure that LaSalle is non-scholarship I-AA (like Georgetown, Dayton and San Diego), so effectively they're a D-III when it comes to football.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

LaSalle is a non-scholarship team that plays a Division III schedule.

Some non-scholarship teams are better than others. LaSalle is about as bottom rung as Division I football gets.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Perhaps. The current uncertainty in the AD's chair does not make that a slam dunk, though.

My gut feeling is that both of Mississippi's SEC coaches will be back in 2008, though neither should be ... if the season goes according to form.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Fucking ESPN.

Why do we have to talk about who will win the Heisman on the first day of the season?

Why do we have to ask people if LSU will go undefeated after they've played one game against the worst team in the SEC?

Why, why why? I mean, I know the answer, but fuck. Seriously.

8. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

See, now I can no longer say I know nothing about La Salle football. That's why I love SportsJournalists.com! :)

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Can't wait to see the alma mater cream FIU in 36 hours. Yippee!

Lately, life has sucked, and I'm glad college football is back to save the day.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

And in Piscataway, NJ:

Ray Rice, 184 yards and three touchdowns, Tiquan Underwood 10 catches for a school-record 248 yards and two TDs, Mike Teel 16-for-23, career-best 328 yards, 2 TDs.
    Schiano called off the dogs (but covered the 32-point spread) in a 38-3 romp over Buffalo.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

One game in football league history does not a trend make..lol.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Drake beating Illinois State in basketball? Ho-hum.

Drake beating Illinois State in football? As in, non-scholarship Drake beating a FCS playoff team from last year? Party at the Drake Diner!

Edit: The Redbirds were ranked No. 7 in the nation. That might be one of the stunners of the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted