1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First Blood alert!!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Norman Stansfield, May 28, 2007.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Hunting? We ain't hunting him. He's hunting us!

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Wiping your nose was the original line, not edited for TV. I'm as shocked as you.

John: correct. It was an easy one. Classic that he forged a career from that, and now plays a wannabe badass.

Best exchange in the film. TRautman talking the smack:

Trautman: I don't think you understand. I didn't come to rescue Rambo from you. I came here to rescue you from him.
    Teasle: Well, we all appreciate your concern Colonel, I will try to be extra careful!
    Trautman: You picked the wrong man to push.
    Teasle: No, Trautman, HE picked the wrong man.
    Trautman: That boy's a heart attack! He may be the best the Special Forces ever produced. Whatever you're planning to throw at him here, he's been through a whole lot worse, in lot worse places than this. I'm just amazed he allowed any of your posse to live.
    Teasle: Is that right?
    Trautman: Strictly speaking, he slipped up. You're lucky to be breathing.
    Teasle: That's just great. Colonel, you came out here to find out why one of your machines blew a gasket!
    Trautman: You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in guerrilla warfare, with a man who's the best, with guns, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore pain, ignore weather, to live off the land, to eat things that would make a billy goat puke. In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy personnel. To kill! Period! Win by attrition. Well Rambo was the best.

3. John

John Well-Known Member

This is a classic movie (sort of), but there really aren't that many great lines. Hell, Rambo doesn't say that much in the whole movie.

And the book, by David Morrell, is quite good -- very different ending.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

And I'll never see Caruso as anything but the tool he is in those two films.

5. Norman Stansfield

billy goat puke...I forgot that line...a true classic.

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Just in time to get caught up....For Rambo 4. Saw the trailer on the net Friday night. He's living in Burma? and has to rescue two Americans taken hostage...Bad times.

7. Norman Stansfield

That is real, then, huh? One of my friends was trying to convince me the other night there was a Rambo 4 coming out. I couldn't believe it.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Sure to suck like nothing you've ever seen before.

9. Thank the human growth hormones Stallone's been sucking down.

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

"Don't forget to wash behind his ears, ha, ha, ha, awwww, what's the matter Mitch, don't you like water sports?"

"Set him up? That's sort of like leading the pigeons to the cat."

11. zagoshe

And here you go, this is for all the First Blood die hards like me......

http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/wma-pop-up/B000000O7F001012/002-0781744-5912842

12. zagoshe

Here are a few more for First Blood die hards.....

The music at the start of the movie when he is walking up to the house to ask about his friend, who he finds out has died of cancer from Agent Orange.....
    http://www.sylvester-stallone.sk/soundtra/rambo/track01.htm

The music from when he is running through the mountains after the motorcycle chase while he is trying to escape
    http://www.sylvester-stallone.sk/soundtra/rambo/track06.htm

And finally the music from after he jumps over the cliff and the cop has fallen out of the helicopter and he'd like to surrender....
    http://www.sylvester-stallone.sk/soundtra/rambo/track10.htm

Draft saved Draft deleted