1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First BCS Rankings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Yes, I was being completely serious about OU and OSU playing each other in the title game and both losing. There are things called jokes, made by people with senses of humor. And seriously, you can at least use different words than me if you're gonna counterinsult me. I know a few good ones. You want me to help you out? All I ask is that you use them properly.

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

LSU was a puzzler, that's for sure. Way too many things have to happen for a 2-loss team to play in the title game, even one from the SEC. That was just an odd year. We'll probably never see that again.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well, there is one thing we can agree on....yes, you are a joke.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

One thing in USC's favor, however, is that they are always a Top-5 preseason team.

That gives them an advantage and an in to the title game over any unbeatens who begin the season ranked below them and cannot leapfrog them (see Auburn, 2004).

The system giveth, and the system taketh away.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

You really can't think of anything original to say, can you? How about regurgitating some of zag's greatest hits, like the ever-popular "clueless idiot," or everyone's favorite, "try to keep up"? Now when you respond, try your best not to use the words clueless, idiot, keep, up or original. Ready, go.

6. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

Miles in 2007: "We're undefeated in regulation."

As much as people mocked him for it at first, that speech helped put LSU in the title game.

7. zagoshe

They are always a top five team in the preseason because they are usually one of the five best teams once the dust settles. But that is a clear advantage over Oklahoma and Florida, LSU and now Alabama as they always have to rise from the ashes of being unranked just to get into the top ten by mid-November..... ::)

8. zagoshe

Yes, I can't use my own words so how about if I regurgatate one of your greatest hits, which, frankly sort of sums up what most people believe about you.....

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Again, zag, a joke. It's on a T-shirt, one of many designed fro people who are smart enough to understand the concept of humor. You want the link? I can send it to you, but I can't explain the strange feeling you might get from something that would relieve the pressure created by the stick you have up your ass. You're on your own there.

10. zagoshe

You forgot to call me chief........

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Of all the misguided things you've said on this board, that tops the list. I know you're oblivious, but this is hilarious. That's awesome, zag.

12. zagoshe

That's awesome, chief

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.