1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

First BCS rankings

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ledbetter, Oct 15, 2006.

1. audreyld

audreyld Guest

I went to high school with Paul Smith's brother, and my brother and Paul were the same year. So, I also like seeing Tulsa on the list.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

When did the BCS take losses out of the equation?

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think losses went away when they began expressing things as a percentage.

4. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I bet John Swofford is happy to see this.

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I assume most people with brains were. That game could have been 50-0, or worse. I guess that's what you get for having class and taking your foot off the gas. Wow.

Any system than can have Cal ahead of Tennessee at this point in the season is completely ridiculous. But the season ain't over yet.

6. Simon

Simon Active Member

USC has the hardest schedule in the country...What else you want?

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I believe the consensus would be convincing wins. That, and I think people are just plain tired of USC from the past three seasons, so you're not going to see many people in the Trojans' corner these days.

8. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

For one of those "hard" teams to finally beat the Trojans

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Every year on this site the early BCS rankings spark debate. To me, it's like arguing about who's going to win the 2008 New Hampshire primaries. The rest of the season will resolve 99 percent of the absurdities and points of dispute.
    Ohio State and Michigan play each other. USC will play Cal and Notre Dame. There cannot be three undefeated Big East teams by season's end. There will be an SEC conference title game. Knowing all this, why pay the slightest attention to the rankings as they now stand?

10. Toolbox

Toolbox Member

give us something to bitch about :)

11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Hell yeah.

12. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

USC could run the table, but I really don't see W. Va losing.

Draft saved Draft deleted