1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Firing squad? Really?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JackReacher, Jun 18, 2010.

1. highlander

highlander Member

Good point.

2. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Why don't they just let the victim's family do the shooting too? Probably make them feel better.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm just glad the guy is dead.

I hope he's burning in hell.

4. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I can't believe this thread is the one that has me literally laughing out loud.

First the Burger King line and then the OMG Twitter line.

My 2 cents: Im against the death penalty in general, but if were gonna have it, I don't really care about the method. Whatever has the least margin for error, I guess.

5. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

I'm in favor of banning both the death penalty and Twitter.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

You guys will have to try a little harder do if you want to catch up to Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and China. Nice club to be a member of .

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

i think we can do it.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I have faith in your "get 'r done" philosophy. :)

9. CR19

CR19 Member

I'll have to retract my earlier post on allowing the victim's family to make the choice. After looking it over this morning, I changed my mind.

The only time when the death penalty should be enacted is when the defendant poses an extremely dangerous threat to society. Ronnie Lee Gardener killed a man while escaping from court for another charge. In Peru, Joran van der Sloot killed a woman after he was already suspected of killing Natalie Holloway. Those are the type of cases where the death penalty deserves to be carried out. Other than that, however, it is an extreme.

10. Gardner's crimes were heinous, but so were the crimes against him. Read his bio. He never had a chance to be anything but what he is.
    His parents and foster parents deserve to be shot, too

11. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Wrong.

If your brain remains "intact" as you assert for at least 10 seconds, it doesn't take 11 seconds for pain to move from your chest to your brain's nerve center after your heart's been blown apart.

I'm certain this POS felt pain. I hope he did, just like when they throw the juice in the electric chair.

Draft saved Draft deleted