1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Firework HELP Needed ASAP!!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Dec 31, 2007.

1. I'm so pathetic - what's the best way to shoot off bottle rockets and roman candles in the street?
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Bottle rocket = bottle (or a can will do)

Roman candle = something bigger (maybe a coffee can).

Of course, you can always hold them in your hand and have wars with them. That's what my kids "Two fingers" and "Lefty" like to do.
  3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

No offense, W-B, but there's NOTHING I hate more than people setting off fireworks in the street. NOTHING. I hate that fucking shit.

If you come back in '08 as Stubbie, well, you got what you deserved.
  5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's one vote gone for next year, BYH. Better dial it down or you'll be honorable mention SportsJournalists.com where you belong.
  6. I don't care for it much either - 10 years ago I would have just shot it out of my hand and been done with it - but now I'm a dad and the little brainiac has certain expectations about father on New Year's Eve, and that includes setting off fireworks.

Thanks for the help, Ace. I used a Yuengling bottle. I was worried the bottle might be too flimsy but it worked OK for most of them - one popped on a neighbor's roof.

Thankfully it's over. Now we're snuggled in on the couch, watching a movie and sipping champagne - well, she's got sparkly white grape that cost nearly as much as the $4 Wal-Mart swill I'm drinking until the wife gets home from work. Then we get to open the good stuff. ;D
  7. Don't ask me, Lefty.
  8. joe

joe Active Member

Arrrggg, Pirate Pete sez ye best not be aimin' at yer eye.
  9. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

So you're the asshole making all the noise in my neighborhood, huh?
  10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

No. He's the asshole who set your roof on fire.
  11. And ran. Very fast.
  12. I live in a hard-working blue-collar neighborhood that loves their fireworks. We're done but they're going to be going on all night long. The cat is not happy.
Draft saved Draft deleted