1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Firefox problem... help me!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rusty Shackleford, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

OK, I dont know what the heck is wrong with my firefox, but its acting screwy. I cant type apostrophes or forward slashes. Literally. When I hit those keys, the FIND function pops up as if I had hit ctrl+f. And I cant use my arrow keys, either. Nothing happens when I hit them. Also, I cant Select-All. Hitting ctrl+a doesnt work, and neither does going up to Edit and doing it that way.

Anyone know what causes this? (I can hit shift+slash to get a question mark, but just hitting the slash gets me the FIND command -- same thing with apostrophe versus ")

I know it is just Firefox, because MS Word still works the way it is supposed to -- all my keys work there.

2. You could try to reset your Firefox settings. I'm assuming you've already restarted the program and/or your computer.

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

It's fixed. See. I said it's. /// Fixed. I don't know what happened, but i restarted the computer and now it all works.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Firefox did that to me a few weeks ago. The only thing I had to do was restart everything.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I've noticed that Firefox has started allowing more and more pop-ups.

Any solutions suggested?

Draft saved Draft deleted