1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Firefox help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

When Chrome gets the add-ons I currently use on Firefox, I'll switch. It uses less RAM and starts up way faster than Firefox. I just checked and Chrome was using 26 megabytes, while Firefox was up at 92.

IJAG, if your home computer is five years old the lack of RAM could be doing you in, especially if you're running multiple programs at the same time. Most people's work computers have the same issue, which could explain why it's crashing in both locations for you.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

No problems here, at least so far.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yeah, see, I don't know any of that stuff. But a friend visited me a few months ago who is a computer guy. He said my RAM was fine.

I give up. :D

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

So the other day I'm walking my dad through something on the computer and he says, "What the hell is this mozzarella firefox, what happened to the internet.?"

Classic old man line.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I know you love hearing this, so I'll be sure it gets put on your computer-related thread :D

GET A MAC!!!

6. imjustagirl

You. Are. The. Devil.

I had a Mac. And instantly downloaded Firefox because I hated Safari. :D

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

[​IMG]

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Well I use Firefox on mine, and no problems for me :D

9. imjustagirl

Oh, this isn't on a Mac. My Mac died two months in after I got four drops of water on the outside of the case. Thanks for asking.

POS Macs. Go to hell!

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What happened to the warranty?

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My Firefox has been a bitch lately. It'll lock up in the middle of me doing something and be fine a minute later. Just really frustrating, say on deadline when I'm trying to access the work e-mail.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The other day I killed one extension and my crashing problem went away (the extension in particular had a memory leak). Each extension requires a bit more memory, but when on of them keeps grabbing extra memory because it's badly coded, you have a problem.

So, logically, my next question is this: IJAG, what extensions and plug-ins are you using? Are they all current?

Draft saved Draft deleted