1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Firefox help

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Nov 21, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

OK, so I've been one of the bigger supporters of Firefox on here. But Firefox 3 BLOWS. It crashes on me 5-6 times a night. And I never have more than three tabs open at home (gmail, this, and whatever links I click on).

2much, I'm looking mostly at you. Any idea when they'll fix this or send out a 4? Because right now I'm about to give up and shop around for a new browser.

2. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Dump it and get Chrome.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

FFX 3 works fine for me.. do you update it? Current version is 3.0.4

4. imjustagirl

Yep, I'm on 3.0.4. I've been online less than an hour and a half total today and it's crashed twice. Just completely shuts down. I send a report, then I reopen it with the restore button.

Annoying as all hell. I saw something online the other day where people said it was more prone to crash, but this is ridiculous.

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39554855,00.htm

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Mine will crash everyonce in a while, but nowhere near the amount Netscape did.

6. imjustagirl

Holy crap, I haven't used Netscape in 10 years :D

I gave up on IE because of the spyware. I have Avant, but I use it because it's an IE mirror so I can watch my Netflix movies on it.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

Does Netscape still put out new versions?

FF has been fine for me. I have heard great things about Chrome, though.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nope.. Netscape stopped several months ago.. I think the last one was 9.1...

9. imjustagirl

I downloaded Chrome when it first came out. Wasn't enamored.

10. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I think your computer problems have less to do with your browser and more to do with something else. What that something else is, I have no clue. It could be a clogged-up hard drive, not enough RAM, Vista, who knows. You may want to get a computer geek to look at it.

11. imjustagirl

I don't have vista, and it happens on my work computer too.

But my home computer is a 5-year-old desktop. So I can't just take it somewhere that easily.

Eh, screw it. I don't have the problem with Avant, or IE at work. I'll deal, I guess. :(

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

I used to love Firefox, but it kept crashing on my home computer (it works fine on my work computer, and I still use it there), so I dumped it for Chrome. All I miss are the add-ons, which supposedly are coming.

Draft saved Draft deleted