1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

firefox add ons

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by leo1, Nov 5, 2006.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I can't recommend it highly enough. I'm not a Microsoft basher, but Firefox is vastly superior to IE. It's not even close.

2. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

I swear by the Yahoo! toolbar. It lets you customize a button (SportsJournalists.com), has my mail, a search button (set to Google), Fantasy Sports all under one click, plus all sports next to it. With MySpace as my homepage, and the Yahoo! toolbar, I rarely need to type in a URL.

3. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Very good list, I've used almost all of those add-ons. I would add AutoCopy (copies text you highlight automatically).

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I d/led IE7 and it sucked all the ability out of my laptop. A chiphead buddy of mine says IE overtaxes your memory, so I switched to Firefox and things have been running much more smoothly. I didn't know about all the add-ons but I'm sure as heck going to look into them.

5. CradleRobber

CradleRobber Active Member

MrWrite, HUGE props on the FoxyTunes extension. It's great.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Never heard of most of these extensions, though I'd be downloading some pronto.

7. audreyld

audreyld Guest

The Stumble Upon add-on is completely addictive.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, I did the Stumble Upon.

And a BIG shoutout to Stretch15. PMed me earlier today about the Adblock Plus extension, saying it had stopped the freezing problem on SportsJournalists.com. Worked for me too. so now maybe I don't have to go to the Apple Store, at least not for that. I still need to figure out why my screen doesn't always turn on, but SportsJournalists.com is running!

9. leo1

leo1 Active Member

2much, great suggestions here and above, although i downloaded the accuweather add on and nothing happened.

i guess i misunderstood your directions about baseball reference. in case anyone else is as clueless as i, it's on baseball-reference.com not on mozilla's manage search engines page.

god i love firefox, although i need to get the ie add on for a couple pages i use regularly that won't work with mozilla's popup blocker.

10. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

If you use gmail, here's a nice Firefox extension that gives you a few extra options:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2127/

11. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Another Firefox add on shows you how much time you waste at SportsJournalists.com: www.pageaddict.com

12. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Mouse gestures... never click on a back or forward button again.

https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/39/

Draft saved Draft deleted