1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fired over a "tremendous amount of sex"

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by KJIM, May 3, 2013.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Apologies if this is a d_b

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/05/blackhawks-reporter-fired-over-sex-slip/

Comcast SportsNet reporter lets it slip that the Hawks had a "tremendous amount of sex." Corrected it to "success" immediately, but got the ax anyway.

website quotes the Trib:

Without knowing any other specifics, it seems a little steep.

2. PER TBL

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

She sounds like the perfect person to do a one-on-one with Rebecca Martinson.

And then maybe interview her afterward.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

HIYOOOOO!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. LongTimeListener

You owe it to yourself to watch this video linked by TBL, in which Susannah and a friend read the chapter where Darryl Dawkins discusses his reluctance to perform cunnilingus. The friend is Chocolate Thunder, and dearest Susannah is the woman, in full black voice.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

RSW

BSWEE

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Two 7s.

What's for lunch?

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ. That was awesome.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That was pretty funny.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I haven't watched the videos, so I can't say how bad they are.

But, my question would be whether or not she was a producer or writer of the material in question.

Young people trying to break into media or entertainment industries -- and let's be honest, she's as much in the entertainment business as she is in media -- often take questionable jobs.

Should they be judged based on those jobs?

Maybe it's questionable judgement, but to me, it's akin to taking a bad movie role.

11. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

I just find it troubling they can retroactively make this move. If you didn't discover this stuff you found distasteful during the hiring process, then it's caveat emptor in my book. In fact, I find it inconceivable they didn't know about this, although old people are pretty terrible at Googling, so maybe that is what happened.

She'll get another gig, if she wants it.

12. LongTimeListener

The bigger problem is that CSN Chicago already knew about all of that when it hired her. The series was pretty public at the time, and I believe she might have even used it on her resume tape. (Presumably not the Chocolate Thunder one, though.)

Draft saved Draft deleted