1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fireable offense for Rick Reilly?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NDJournalist, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This should be Reilly's next tweet.

My father-in-law is looking forward to his next steak with me. If he opens his mouth to the media again, he will be put in a home, one like the ones they do exposes on on 60 Minutes. #Dontfuckwithmeoldman

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

Well, now that neither the football team nor the baseball team are still in their original city, maybe the Redskins should become the Braves. Wouldn't have to change the logo or anything else.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Maybe not a fireable offense, but could pissing off your father-in-law be a divorceable offense?

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Carter Pewterschmidt says yes.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I can't believe you thought posting this was a good idea...

A quick Google search would have sent you here: http://www.bigorrin.org/blackfoot_kids.htm

Is the name of the tribe "Blackfoot" or "Blackfeet"? Where did this name come from?
    "Blackfoot" is the English translation of the word siksika, which means "black foot." It refers to the dark colored moccasins the people wear. Some Blackfoot people are annoyed by the plural "Blackfeet," which is obviously an anglicization. But most Blackfoot people accept both terms. "Blackfoot" is more commonly used in Canada, and "Blackfeet" is more commonly used in the United States.

I'm pretty sure people get more offended about a slur based on the color of their skin, rather than something they choose to call themselves based on their footwear.

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Nicely played!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

If my daughter grows up to marry a guy still pulling in a million dollars a year 20 years after his career peaked, he can misquote me all he wants.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

This was also my thought when reading that. The scenario that sounds more plausible to me is father in law changing his tune after he realized he'd put his foot in his mouth and was taking heat and getting Uncle Tom allegations for it. I'm no Reilly fan, but I've difficulty believing he'd SO egregiously misquote someone (much less his father in law) to this extent.

9. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Because we are talking about Rick Reilly who everyone either hates or is insanely jealous of.

Draft saved Draft deleted