1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fire sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jun 24, 2009.

1. 21

21 Well-Known Member

SNIDE?? Snide would be a gift. Give us a few hours, we can surely do better than freakin snide!

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Moddy--

In Baltimore, make damn sure you know the way to two fire exits from your room. When I fly, I count the rows to two exits from my seat, in case I have to get out through smoke.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Damn Moddy. Hate that your daughter had to go thru this scare, but I'm glad it wasn't worse.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Nothing sucks worse than when something is happening to your kid.

Hang in there Moddy. You still have a daughter to share your time with, and as you know, that's the important thing. By the sound of it, she sounds like a person who will turn something unfortunate into something positive down the line.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Well, that pretty much sucks.

Glad everyone's OK.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Thank goodness they're ok.

Things can be replaced. People can't.

Hugs to you and your family, Moddy.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

You are a good dad. I'm glad the people you know came out of this OK.

Moddy, try to find out what caused this fire. This house is too new to have anything go wrong with the wiring. A townhome I own almost caught fire because a light socket was wired too loosely, the power arched and well, I am glad no drapes were there.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure the fire department will figure out the cause.

We spent much of the afternoon with her, she's holding up but still emotional and still not happy about having to work. They have a big meeting with the insurance folks tomorrow and she had to jump through all kind of hoops to get her schedule straight.

I did not go by the house. She told me I probably didn't want to see it and there was nothing to do there anyway and it would just make her upset all over again.

I feel for her and I'm so proud of her, too. She's holding up better than I would.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Moddy, if it was wiring or a loose connection on something builder did, I would call a lawyer.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It was the house next door, not theirs. They just had the misfortune of being connected to the house.

We'll wait before we bring in the lawyers. Making sure she and her roommate (a long-time dear family friend) are settled and have what they need is by far our No. 1 priority.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Thank God everyone is okay. My best to you and yours.

Draft saved Draft deleted