1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fire Joe Morgan

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Some of you may or may not frequent this site.

A question: Does it change your opinion about the site that the lead writer isn't some regular, disgruntled fan, but a guy who has revealed himself as Michael Schur, the head writer for the TV show "The Office" and a guy who wrote on "SNL" for six years? Now that you, as the reader, know this guy is a snarky asshole for a living (part of the appeal of the Web site, I guess) is some of the shine taken off of it?

IMO, I have always been struck by how the writers think intangibles plays absolutely no part whatsoever in the success of a team, when, obviously, intangibles are crucial on a TV show. Chemistry, there, is everything.

2. Jeremy Goodwin

Jeremy Goodwin Active Member

I don't read the blog!, so I don't have a comment. Here is a previous post, though not much about the writers were discussed.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/52624/

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not at all.

Finely crafted snark is . . . finely crafted snark, to be appreciated on its own merits.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

It does lessen things for me.

It's like hearing Larry the Cable Guy is really a rich bastard. Or Kid Rock was middle class as a kid.

5. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

I enjoy it for what it is. Don't care who writes it. There's some funny stuff there.

6. earlyentry

earlyentry Member

Just wondering: is the writer a snarky asshole because he's a TV writer?

7. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

He's probably a TV writer because he's a snarky asshole

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

anyone who wants to mock Joe Morgan is fine by me.

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

No it does not. The premise is funny as hell. It is fun to see that there are so many others that feel the same about Joe Morgan. Joe's ego has no boundaries.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

My favorite Joe moment was when he skipped the 2005 HOF induction b/c Sandberg was being inducted. Oh sure, he made up some bullshit excuse about having a family commitment or something, which is funny since he rarely misses a HOF induction so that he can remind people he's The Preservor Of All That Is Good About The Hall Of Fame.

Rotten scumbag. If he gets in via the Frick award, I still say we should all go up there and turn our backs as he speaks.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

One of mine as well. How does the President of the Hall of Fame not show up at induction cerimony.

Also love when Jon Miller engages him about Soriano. Joe is just happy that he no longer plays 2b

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ding.
    Ding.
    Ding.
    Ding.
    (the rare, 4-ding award (pat. pending))

Draft saved Draft deleted