1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fire Joe Morgan field dresses Mitch Albom, the little ****tard

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Chest Rockwell, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

For those of you who don't know, Ken Tremendous is Michael Schur, who plays "Cousin Mose" on The Office (he's also on the show's writing staff).

And a backhanded shot at David Lynch as well. I like.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

You know, I'm sure nobody will believe this, but I'm just wondering how much of this is Albom and how much of this is Parade editing Albom into a piece for their audience.

I honestly am not sure I believe he wrote everything as we're reading it, particularly that lead.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I, for one, would be beyond shocked if MA submitted that piece with the understanding that the Parade editorship could make significant changes to
    it without his permission.

But, hell, anyone who's glanced at MA's recent issue can see that the piece
    is right in line with the prevailing standard established by the franchise in
    question.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Sorry ... you're probably right ... "root, root, root" really threw me.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

YOU may be right . . . but I simply can't believe MA submitted that,
    then cavalierly added, "Tidy it up any way you'd like". That would
    smash my credulity threshold, big-time.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The legitimate argument against fantasy sports might be what seems to be going on in the NFL right now.

Plummeting attendance at games as people would rather stay home and watch their fantasy players all day long from the comfort of their couch.

7. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Well, HDTV might have as much or more to do with that than Fantasy.

8. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

Or that tickets are so expensive.

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

If anything teams are bending over backward to appease fantasy players at stadiums, with statistics updates, highlights, etc. Plus, there's no "real" fan (i.e. someone who would normally be a valued paying customer) who would give up a chance to go to a game to watch his fantasy team.

HD TVs and DirectV more to blame, tied with High ticket prices, parking, and pain-in-the-ass traffic/logistics. If you have a family with young kids, you're probably not going to want to take them too much, considering the fans' behavior.

Still, most NFL teams are doing just fine, especially considering their sweetheart deals.

Draft saved Draft deleted