1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fire at Schenectady newspaper

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Monday Morning Sportswriter, May 8, 2016.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Someone set three fires at the family-owned Daily Gazette newspaper in Schenectady, N.Y. It was discovered early this morning. Nobody was hurt and damage was minimal.

But jeez.

UPDATE: Apparent arson investigated at Gazette building

No report on whether it was the same person messing with the bathrooms three years ago.

2. Somebody better start running the COMPLETE JV boxscores.

HanSenSE and cjericho like this.
  3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

On the bright side, it's nice to see the words "fire" and "newspaper" in the same headline and not have it be about yet another massive jobs purge.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Seriously, though, I live in terror of a fire at our building. Our morgue is in an upstairs room adjacent to a lot of the physical plant. If a fire ever started and spread up there, with almost 40 years of old newspapers ready to serve as kindling at the slightest spark, there'd be no stopping it. I've thought I smelled smoke a couple of times over the years and innediately stopped what I was doing to go check that room. It's always in the back of my mind.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted