1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

FIOS - Where Have You Been All My Life??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Had it installed today and I'm pretty much sitting here typing with one hand I love it so much. Fast. High Def TV. I was lying when I said I didn't miss all that stuff

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Recently switched to U-Verse for my DSL service and everything from the price to the install to the product itself has been so good, I'm thinking of chucking DirecTV for the U-Verse TV package.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

MY GOD I LOVE UVERSE SO MUCH. I would murder a family member to have UVerse in my neighborhood.

4. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I don't know that I would quite go that far, but I long for the day when it's available here in Podunk.

5. leo1

leo1 Active Member

I'll switch to uverse when they let me get MLB extra innings and when they have tech support that isn't in India.

6. imjustagirl

I just miss being able to record four things at once.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That's not why Moddy is typing with one hand.

His other hand is busy with the Nationals scorecard.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Love my Verizon FIOS. The internet and the TV are fantastic. Way better than any other service out there.

9. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Allegedly, the gear for one of the phone company TV/super fast HSI deals was installed in Hackyville a couple of years ago. Then when one of the local affiliates wouldn't play nice in retransmission talks, the phone company pulled the plug on the whole thing. Now I can't even get DSL into my place and have to settle for the local cable monopoly, which insists on running the same 10-year-old Ad Council PSAs on every channel at every commercial break. Ugh.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Don't forget, Verizon always has some promotion going. I got a mess of movie channels for free last year, and am still getting Showtime for free this year. They also threw in the main HD box for free lifetime, after I asked for it. This applies to everything from dating to tax appeals -- you don't ask, you don't get.

11. imjustagirl

FIOS isn't available in my area. :(

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Nationals didn't play today.

Draft saved Draft deleted