1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding the common ground

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dooley_womack1, Oct 29, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've said this before, but I think one of the main axioms here is, no matter how much you disagree with a member, there is always one subject you can find common ground on, that you could sit with him or her over beers and talk for hours about. Zagoshe did a real good job of illustrating this on the massive list he did on the politics board of good things he saw in numerous board liberals.

I'll start with a somewhat humorous one: Even though I can't stand Hondo's politics, his observations about woman-woman sex are a must read and something that a mass kumbaya can be built around.

Now a little more serious: Cowbell can often be virulent in supporting his viewpoint or putting down one he doesn't agree with. But he does admit when someone has convinced him to alter his view, and I could talk with him about Law & Order for hours.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I, for one, am intrigued by Dooley's ideas and wish to subscribe to his newsletter.

I'm not so sure Cowbell thinks he's ever wrong--and I mean that as a complement, or is it a compliment, I dunno--but the guy pays up on bets like no one I've ever known (or never met, for that matter). Hi Dooley! And I agree with Cowbell on just about everything except the salary cap and I enjoy the back-and-forth, which is something I never thought I'd say when we were exchanging fuck yous and worse.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I would go shopping with 21.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Fenian and I are as far apart politically as is humanly possible to be...but we'll always have the Gyllenhaals.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Where is Zag's post that inspired this?

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

This thread is worthless without a link!

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I respect Cowbell. He'll fight you if he disagrees, but I respect the passion and I also think he will pay up on his bet if he loses.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I want to get drunk and watch the Holy Grail with Fenian.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Anybody who enjoys fantasy sports as much as BYH does cannot be all bad.

I agree with Inky. I would like to see this post by Zag that Dooley is talking about.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

You know, he's probably not going to say anything nice about you. :D

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Since dooley's offline, I'll link it

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/posts/2090651/

That being said, I think this thread is a direct ripoff of sc's thread. :D :D :D

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow, you ain't kidding about the rip-off of sc's thread.

I was going to try to find something nice to say about Zag, but then I read his attempt to say something nice about me on sc's thread....fuck you, Zag!

Seriously, it gets lost sometimes due to what he calls his "let's be way over the top to argue' mode," but I have seen that side of Zag before I'm glad he decided to show it on sc's thread. He can be a very thoughtful. He just chooses not to do so sometimes, which I think is just his way of shaking things up.

Draft saved Draft deleted