1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding people online

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Eagleboy, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

I've spent much of the past hour trying to find the current whereabouts of a good friend of mine whom I went to school with, but then moved away. I've been perusing MySpace and Facebook and got nothing - at least, several matches on names, but it's been so many years, photos would be hard to recognize.

I'm pretty sure I know what state my friend went to high school in, and of course a birth year, but other than that, I can't be certain on anything else. I'm a few years removed from high school, and so would he, but not too far outside of that realm that popular culture would have avoided us. Outside of these two social networking sites, does anyone know where I would go about trying to find information about him?

Oh, and don't make this too creepy, at least for about six or seven replies. I just want to try to connect with a good buddy of mine after a long while, and I thought that maybe someone can help out.

Thanks in advance.

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If you went to school with him, try to find that school on Classmates.com.

3. Angola!

Angola! Guest

One thing you have to remember about MySpace is, people don't always sign up under their full names.
    You may want to try searching his/her first name and then browsing by area code.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

There's a few people here who are quite adept at stalking finding people, especially fellow SportsJournalists.com members, online. Maybe they can help.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

What he said. This has been the best option for me. One of my best friends from high school found me on there a coupla months ago.

6. Meat Loaf

Meat Loaf Guest

Some of my old high school friends found me through my younger brother. Maybe try known siblings.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

www.theultimates.com

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I found lots of people for my high school reunion just doing google searches.

9. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I know several success stories using Classmates.com
    This would be your best source to find a high school mate

10. Beachey

Beachey Member

I have used this in the past. You can get an idea of where someone lives for free. You have to pay to get exact info. Also works much better for less common names.

http://www.usa-people-search.com/

11. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Thanks a ton. The USA People Search did wonders, Beachey. Mission accomplished.

12. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

To test theultimates, I typed in a college buddy's name from 20 years ago, whom I'd lost track of.

It worked. We just emailed. Thanks, theultimates.com!

Draft saved Draft deleted