1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding Jesus by molesting five children

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Having a serial child molester among their ranks would make them "more normal and human in the eyes of others"?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

WriteThinking shouldn't be getting abused for posting thoughtful comments.

I can certainly see that a family filled with sisters but in which the teenagers are not expected to have any kind of physical relations with the opposite sex (or -- shudder -- the same sex) could certainly lead to inter-family exploration.

So the kid is wrong, but the whole stupid family dynamic is as much to blame.

And he isn't the first to do one thing and screech and preach the opposite.

(I still hate the whole Duggar thing and the fact that they have any kind of celebrity or platform.)

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

"Many conservative message board posters died ... in a stampede to be the first to invoke Lena Dunham here."

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He didn't just take the car out for a spin and wreck it, or get caught in a bar with a fake ID. He molested five girls, including his sisters.

Besides, Mama Duggar also had a miscarriage . I'd say that made them more normal and human than anything else. And even then, on a lesser scale since she's been criticized for having so many kids and using the older kids to take care of the younger ones.

5. Dick Whitman

More than serial incest of minors?

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

My god, you should at least be able to free the boobies and get your finger wet. That's not premarital sex, even by Clinton's standards.

7. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just where I was raised but I'm not even a tiny bit surprised. Their family is the size of a freshman gym class. Think back to that locker room. You don't think one of those guys has touched someone they weren't supposed to? Including a younger sister or a cousin or something like that.

You want reality TV? This is reality. Hypocrites, sinners and redacted police reports.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Huckabee should have offered the family his support and left it there. By saying what happened isn't "unforgivable" kind of makes every future pronouncement against anyone and everything come with the implied rejoinder "but then again, I don't think child molestation is unforgivable."

9. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

This quote jumped out at me

"I understood that if I continued down this wrong road that I would end up ruining my life."

Not only does he minimize sexual molestation of 5 girls over a two year period by calling it a "wrong road" but his motivation to stop was because it would ruin his life.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Serial incest is not normal.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

There's a special place in hell for people so bad that even hardened criminals are repulsed by them.

There's a quote from Aristotle about how acts committed not out of ignorance but out of an unnatural passion that men are not liable to are unforgivable. I'd think this falls into that category.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    SFIND and JC like this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.