1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding Jesus by molesting five children

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

For The Duggars next of kin is the best of skin.

I don't think this will knock them off the air. If anything the audience will double down in its support. My wife watches this show occasionally so I see it more than I would like to, even if it affords me the opportunity to use my "its a birth canal not a waterslide" line each and every time.

Even though their views are opposite of my own there is so much crap on TV that I find these people relatively harmless.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I would think that "harmless" designation goes out the window now that they're known to take the Sandusky/Paterno route of child molesting and abetting said child molesting, no?

3. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Yeah, bad wording on my part. Meant that they were harmless, not so much now.

4. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Isn't this the family that frowns on hand holding until they're engaged? And I'm only slightly exaggerating.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good thing all these kids are home schools and taught right from wrong so that they don't go out into the world and mix with the wrong sort and all.

6. The fan base is already doubling down.. judging by my FB feed.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Big fans of pedophile incest, eh?

No mercy on those sanctimonious prigs. They get to own this one.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You aren't exaggerating at all. They can't even hug who they are courting until the wedding day.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It's always shocking when we give freaks and weirdos a TV show and then later find out they are freaks and weirdos.

BTExpress, SFIND, TigerVols and 4 others like this.
  10. RecoveringJournalist

I'm sure there are some ultra-conservatives who thinks that's refreshing, but it's not healthy.

11. RecoveringJournalist

There's also pictures of the molester in question with several of the republican presidential candidates.

Not that candidates should be held responsible for the behavior of every person they take a photo with, but it's still not good.

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I was just going to post an example of that Facebook doubling-down by one of my ultra-conservative friends, but it appears she has since deleted the post. So maybe that "support" isn't as rock-solid as I once thought.

The content of the post was along the lines of, "Oh, so TLC should only have shows featuring people who are completely free of sin?" or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.