1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finding Amelia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 26, 2009.

1. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Very interesting story.

I'm sure the makers of the biopic are thrilled this is being revealed right now. The cynic in me wonders if they had a hand in getting it out there.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Interesting. I was watching Unsolved Mysteries and they did an episode about her disappearance. Their theory was that she landed on an island being controlled by the North Vietnamese and she was executed and they interviewed someone who supposedly saw the execution and a soldier who found her papers and saw the plane with the serial code.

I'm intrigued to see it. I think they've done a great job on Swank to make her look the part and I thought it would be interesting to see how the handled this part of the mystery.

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Probably not the North Vietnamese. Japanese is likely the villainous race you're looking for.

Interesting article, but I'm skeptical. I am by no means an expert, but watched a couple shows and read a couple articles on the topic a few months ago and the impression I came away with was that there were several different groups searching in vastly different areas and each was convinced they had irrefutable proof and everyone else was crazy. I would need to see some pretty hard evidence to be convinced this isn't some guy just trying to justify his expenses to his investors. An unidentifiable shoe and stories about giant sand crabs don't do it for me.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I thought they missed the destination island and ran out of gas.

5. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Yup, I just went and wikipedia'd it and it was the Japanese. I remembered it was an Asian group that we were warring with at some point in time. :p

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Yeah, they all look the same. :)

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I heard that she stopped to ask for directions and was captured by the Japanese.

Never, ever, stop and ask for directions.

Just go faster.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I always figured she crashed because she was too busy putting her make-up on in the rearview mirror.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Or she was texting.

11. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Isn't she working in the same Burger King in Kalamazoo where Elvis works?

Draft saved Draft deleted