1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fincher's "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Dec 21, 2011.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Yeah, but both the book and movie suck in that case (DaVinci Code).

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Fincher hasn't made a bad movie yet, so my expectations are high.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

It gets a lot of criticism here, but I enjoyed The DaVinci Code (and Dan Brown's other Robert Langdon tales). The movie wasn't as good, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it sucked.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Speaking of reading-seeing, I'm hearing great, great things about Tinker, Tailer, Soldier, Spy...which is coming out in theaters soon.

Of course, it's a book, which I haven't read.

And it's also one of the seminal mini series of all time...from the BBC, in the 70s. I'm thinking about watching it first before going to the theater. But I'm afraid it might spoil the ending for me. #FirstWorldProblems

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Hated Panic Room

6. bigpern23

Liked Panic Room, hated The Social Network.

I still have high hopes for this.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thought the Social Network was a decent movie, just hated each and every character.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't understand the bashing of the Millenium trilogy just as I don't get the bashing of 'The Da Vinci' code.
    Much of the backlash seems to be focused on the fact that neither is literary art.
    Neither pretends to literary art.
    Stephen King, John Grisham, Dan Brown and Stieg are just writing pulp. I don't think there's any higher literary pretension.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"The Panic Room" wants its money back for getting talked into seeing "Alien3."

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I can't wait for SNL to do the inevitable "New Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" where Zooey Deschanel is a pierced, computer hacking-crime fighter.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

This times 1,000,000. Fincher is my favorite director and he does "dark" better than anyone.

12. bigpern23

That sounds light years funnier than anything they've done recently
    Best Fincher film ... Fight Club or Seven? I say Seven. It's in my top 5 all time.

Draft saved Draft deleted