1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fincher's "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by qtlaw, Dec 21, 2011.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Would welcome small breasts. Seriously wish I had them.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That was an interesting read, but one thing he doesn't seem to understand is that straight guys like all breasts. Sure, we all have preferences. Some like small and perky, some like big and busty, some have no problem with implants. But at the end of the day it's just a matter of to what degree we like the breasts, not "Oh I only like small tits, not big ones."

The other thing that got me was his insinuation that only small breasts are natural. There's nothing unnatural about Christina Hendricks, for instance. Let me tell you, it's entirely possible for the same man to be a big fan of the breasts of both Hendricks and Rooney Mara.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Yup.

4. NDub

NDub Guest

Yeah, I'm down with all of this. Right now, I can't even pick which one I'd take.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Ron White: "If you've seen one pair of breasts ... you want to see the rest of them."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

What would Lou Brown say?

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Plenty of room for breasts, and women, of all sizes.

8. SellOut

SellOut Member

Finally got around to seeing it today and I understand some of your quibbles, though I read all three books, which is something that I normally don't do.

They didn't do a great job in the movie of painting Blomkvist as a horndog, which he was. In the book _ SPOILER ALERT _ he ended up having sex with the sister that was living on the island. And they did a better job in the book of explaining that initially Salander just kind of wanted to get laid, that she viewed sex as a recreational activity. I'm not saying I bought it in the book, but it was fleshed out better.

My only real issue in terms of getting away from the source material was the way they handled resolving Harriet's disappearance. I much preferred the book's version. The movie was going for an "aha" kind of deal and left a major hole in plausibility.

That being said, the thing that struck me most was the opening credits seemed like they belonged on some sort of HBO or F/X show, not the opening of a movie. It was kind of weird.

And Craig was too skinny. And I wondered about Mara. When I read the books the person I thought of as Salander was that girl that plays the sullen "secretary" on "Parks and Rec." Aubrey Plaza or something. Mara was good. Really good. But they did too good a job of softening her up in the end, I thought. Oh, and I didn't like Fincher's vision of the dungeon Martin had. The one I envisioned was much darker, danker. More terrifiying.

Then again, they're quibbling. It didn't blow my mind like "Seven" but it was still good. I'm curious if it's made enough money to really warrant doing one of the sequels.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

That's the same actress my wife said she pictured when she read the books!

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Rooney Mara looks like a pretty nice effort. If it was the 90's they would have given it to Bridget Fonda.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I still haven't seen it. I read something recently that it's done well enough overseas to merit getting the green light on both sequels. I don't think anybody expects Fincher back though...

Draft saved Draft deleted