1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally the madness is done ... the NBA is back!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Den1983, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

CBS Sports' Ken Berger broke the story. The NBA and the players have reached a deal in principle. Season scheduled to begin on Christmas Day.

2. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Oh, they were gone?

I hadn't noticed.

3. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

I admit. I will soon miss it Right now, I'm too caught up in college football to miss it, but it does become my favorite winter TV watching.

For now, the college game will suffice just fine though.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

What a special Christmas gift.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Of course Ken Berger got this scoop. Tremendous work by him. Less tremendous work by the players, owners and their outside counsels. But hey, what's done is (hopefully) done.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So was Starman right? Did the owners get it down to 37%? I'd be shocked if he was wrong.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Our last two high school teams got knocked out of the football playoffs Friday night ... bring it on!

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Andrew Brandt posted on Facebook that the meetings were taking place "without Jeffrey Kessler (whom the owners despise)." Could one lawyer being left out have been the difference?

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Starman was doubly wrong. The owners couldn't get David Stern to call the majority of his employees The Word, thereby setting everyone free. ::)

10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I have to admit: This lockout made me appreciate the NBA even more. And it was already my favorite pro sports league. I'm definitely going to watch more often this season. Maybe that puts me in the minority.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Out-of-shape players, a crammed schedule for the greater glory of Mammon, and largely-unwatchable games until 'most everyone gets back into their groove. Trifecta!

Happy for the beer vendors, though. And idiotic Knick management can pretend they have a clue. What's not to like?

Thank God for college buckets.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think he was the one who likened Stern to a plantation owner, and he was also the one who (depending whom you ask) either did or didn't tell the owners that the players would go down to 50 percent when the players had no intention of doing so. So, yeah, getting him out of there was probably best.

Draft saved Draft deleted