1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally! Some Good News!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moondoggy, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

That's funny. Isn't there some software that prevents too many clicks from the same computer from being counted? I think it was written for precisely this problem, people artificially running up their page views in order to bilk advertisers or fool bosses.

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If the newspaper is using Google Analytics, it won't count of those refreshes.

3. bp6316

bp6316 Member

Almost all places have systems in place to prevent that from happening. Now, that is a generalization, and there are plenty of ways around it. But, for the most part, internal traffic isn't counted.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Look, I know things are awful, and a lot of people here have been affected in terrible ways.

I'm just saying that any kind of positive news and rebound MIGHT mean we get less of the terrible news in the near future or even beyond. You take what you can get in the industry right now, right? It might mean we've reached or at least are reaching some kind of bottom.

Don't know, just seems possible to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted