1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally some good domestic news for George Bush - Jenna ties knot

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Write-brained, May 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

My cousin is so disappointed. He and Jenna had a couple of classes together at UT, and he had the biggest crush on her.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

While I agree, I don't think Jenna Bush is losing a moment's joy over this thread.

That soldier should be spared no cost from the federal government for plastic surgery or whatever he needs to return to some sense of normalcy.

Just like all the others. Fuck Congress. Give these men and women THEIR health plans.

3. Try looking at the Dickensian aspect of it ... [/The Wire fan]

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm not ifilus (fixed), nor do I play him on a message board, but my interpretation is that we shouldn't give a shit about a Bush wedding or wish the couple well when daddy has ensured that thousands upon thousands of men and women will never get a wedding, or at the very least will never get their fairy tale day.

I could not agree with him more.

If that's not how you feel, Piotr, that's cool too.

I expect the warmongers to come out and hammer me, but oh well.

5. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm glad Henry Hagler found some chick willing to marry him, because I can't imagine "I used to work for Karl Rove" is an effective pickup line.

As for the threadjack:

"I want to know why I'm planning a funeral while George Bush is planning a wedding." -- Anika Lawal, on the death of her daughter, an Army seargent.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Cadet, BYH, etc.:

I understand your point of view, and I know I have no desire to wish the Bush family well. I think it's understandable to be angry that the privileged Bushies celebrate a wedding, while daddy's policies have denied so many people that same chance.

But . . . .

What would you describe as satisfaction? When would it be OK for their family to celebrate the things many families celebrate? What is justice for the soldiers whose lives were ruined? What is the proper pound of flesh?

When does it end?

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

There is no satisfaction, and there is no end.

And if I feel that way, I can only imagine how a parent who has outlived his/her son/daughter feels.

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I agree.

Ripping Bush is just fine for a whole host of reasons. But you can't really begrudge his family for celebrating. Hell, they even did it out of the way and a lot more privately than some celebs. I'm fine with that since I couldn't really care any less about yesterday's wedding. Good for the couple. I wish them lots of happiness and love and all that, and hope they enjoy the hell out of Baltimore. But their wedding itself isn't any more significant to me than anyone else'se who I don't know.

But the wedding photos posted here have absolutely nothing to do with the one that was held yesterday, except for in the minds of those who even like to make up reasons to bash Bush. Goodness knows there are enough legit reasons to do that.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Cheap shot.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Power and/or money > an effective pickup line.

Or I've been living on another planet for 47 years.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Regardless of anyone's views on the war, does this mean the Bush family is not allowed to have weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, etc., without feeling guilty about it? Did anyone question the right of the Kennedy or Johnson family to have private celebrations of that nature because they sent a combined 50,000 boys to die in Vietnam?
    Oh, right ... those guys were Democrats. They get the pernament free pass.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Good for Jenna.

There seems to be a legitimate chance that she may develop into a far more decent human being than her father is, and I hope she makes it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.