1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally some decent movies come out...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I've seen Rendition and Michael Clayton over the last two weeks and both were fantastic, at the level where both should be serious Oscar contenders...

It's about time some decent movies came out...

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

This is my favorite time of the year moviewise.

I can't wait to see Rendition. It looks phenomenal.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Rendition is a powerful flick... I was reading somewhere that most of the principal actors took serious pay cuts to do it, which is usually a sign that the script was amazing...

Probably the best film I've seen this year.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Into the Wild is finally out nationwide. I'll probably see it tomorrow or Sunday night.

5. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

"Into the Wild" and "Jesse James" both came to town today. I'll probably catch one or both of them this week.
    Of course, I'm psyched for when "American Gangster" comes out Nov. 2.

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

The reviews I've seen for Rendition weren't so good, so I'm glad to hear a real world opinion from an avid moviegoer. It's definitely on my list. Every spring and summer, I get annoyed when there are few (or no) good movies out, knowing that during the fall/winter Oscar onslaught I won't get to see everything I want to.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I cannot wait for American Gangster.

8. Where the hell have I been? I haven't heard of any of these flicks.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I've heard of them, but I have no idea what any of them (save Jesse James) are about.

10. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

I heard Michael Clayton was a major disappointment. Maybe they meant the wide receiver.

11. I want to see Gone Baby Gone, and I probably in two to three years, when it hits ppv or HBO.

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

They've just been released

Draft saved Draft deleted