1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally saw 'Fight Club'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I guess that's why I liked the book, I was into the whole "down with everything" when I read it the first time and it stuck with me.
    And the wife and I still fight about the ending.

2. Weren't there plans to make Survivor into a movie?

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I never read the book. There are a lot of things in "Fight Club" that just make you think. I have tried to use a couple of those things in my life like "just let go". Not while driving of course, but just in general.

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

I watched it for the first time in the past year, fully knowing the ending, and it didn't ruin it for me. It's still a really good movie even if you know.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I have said weak stomach, and couldn't make it through the first chapter of Haunted. It makes me a little ill just to think about it.

6. Precious Roy

Yes, and it was Jake Paltrow who wrote a screenplay for it. However, that was before 9/11 and then it got canned.
    Just read on his website that it will be made without Paltrow's screenplay. Instead the team behind Constantine will be attached to the project. Chuck signed the deal and apparently a screenplay is in the works. However, that news is from 2005, so don't keep your hopes up.
    That was a trippy book though, written in reverse order as you read backward to page 1

Also in the works from the guys at The Cult- something about Jessica Beil playing Shannon in a adaptation of Invisible Monsters and my personal favorite book "Choke" is now filming!!!!!!

7. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

"Rant: On Oral Biography of Buster Casey" came out sometime this spring/summer:

http://www.amazon.com/Rant-Oral-Biography-Buster-Casey/dp/0385517874/ref=bxgy_cc_b_text_b/104-2330589-1259168

8. Precious Roy

I feel like it's Christmas morning. New book, Choke filming, and Survivor and Invisible Monsters perhaps around the corner. I just want to be cast as Oyster in a rendition of Lullaby.

9. Saint Lou

Saint Lou Member

I think you'll like "Rant" because it is more like his earlier works than it is "Haunted."

10. Precious Roy

I like them all, Choke is my favorite, but Haunted is up there. I just hope there are those damn asides that he does that give nothing to the plot but are crazy in their own right. Like the medical breaks in Choke or anything that Oyster says.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I missed this. Was this on the level of Big Pern accidentally posting a picture of a parrot on an erect penis? That's really the gold standard when it comes to accidental pix.

12. Sportschick may disagree. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted