1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally saw 'Fight Club'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Aug 19, 2007.

1. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Exactly. It's almost like watching another movie when you watch it again. You can start to pick up on all the little twists.

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

This thread violates the most important rule of Fight Club.

3. It's actually the first two rules.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

1. You don't talk about fight club.
    2. You don't talk about fight club.
    3. When someone says stop, or goes limp, even if he's just faking it, the fight is over.
    4. Only two guys to a fight.
    5. One fight at a time.
    6. They fight without shirts or shoes.
    7. The fights go on as long as they have to.
    8. If this is your first night at fight club, you have to fight.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

My favorite movie of all-time. I wish I would have written it.

6. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Have to completely, 100% and totally DISAGREE with you about the book. The movie takes place in the first few chapters, and the ending is so much better with you really unsure what happens (unlike the movie).
    Chuck Palahniuk is one of the best authors of our time, and Fight Club is up there as one of his masterpieces.
    I just wish that Hollywood would try to take on one of his books again, just to see what it would be like.
    With that said, I LOVE the movie, and it is in my top 3 films of all time, if not No. 1. David Fincher does the book as much justice that he can, and Pitt and Norton play off each other very well.

Had to rant, sorry

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Saw on imdb.com that you actually see Tyler 5-6 times before the airport. That flipped me out, because as I was watching the beginning, knowing that Pitt was in the movie, I saw him at the copier. When it didn't get talked about in the movie, I thought I was wrong. But to be told "Um, you missed about 4-5 other slick appearances," it just floors me.

As for reading the book, plan on doing that as soon as I can get to a Borders.

The other thing, how the hell is the ending not widely known? I hadn't heard a peep of it. Sixth Sense? Crying Game? You couldn't be alive without knowing what the twist was. This flick's been out EIGHT YEARS, and I didn't know what was going on?

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

So, how does it end?

9. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

We all go back to those first two rules and how they relate to the underground phenomenon that it created. That's why you don't know the ending by now.

10. Someone bought me this movie for my birthday about three years ago and I had never seen it. Since, I have watched it twice. Once, to see if it would live up to the hype. Twice to see if I hated it as much as I thought I did the first time. I did.

11. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I'm bad with bleeding so I couldn't really watch it either.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Bad with bleeding? I'm not sure if you can be SC's poolboy, then...

Draft saved Draft deleted