1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Finally, a argument in favor of marijuana

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Aug 6, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

With the windows rolled up, for total absorption:

Now a soon-to-be published biography by David Maraniss entitled "Barack Obama: The Story" gives more detail on Obama's pot-smoking days, complete with testimonials from young Barry Obama's high school buddies, a group that went by the name "the Choom Gang." Choom was slang for smoking marijuana.

Maraniss portrays the teenage Obama as not just a pot smoker, but a pot-smoking innovator.

"As a member of the Choom Gang," Maraniss writes, "Barry Obama was known for starting a few pot-smoking trends."

The first Obama-inspired trend: "Total Absorption" or "TA".

"TA was the opposite of Bill Clinton's claim that as a Rhodes scholar at Oxford he smoked dope but never inhaled," explains Maraniss. Here's how it worked: If you exhaled prematurely when you were with the Choom Gang, "you were assessed a penalty and your turn was skipped the next time the joint came around."

As one of Obama's old high school buddies tells Maraniss: "Wasting good bud smoke was not tolerated."

Another Obama innovation: "Roof Hits."

"When they were chooming in a car all the windows had to be rolled up so no smoke blew out and went to waste; when the pot was gone, they tilted their heads back and sucked in the last bit of smoke from the ceiling."

Maraniss also says Obama was known for his "Interceptions": "When a joint was making the rounds, he often elbowed his way in, out of turn, shouted 'Intercepted!,' and took an extra hit."

Barack Obama and His Pot-Smoking 'Choom Gang'

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And people say he's weak and feckless.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Don't sleep on Barry O!

jr/shotglass, Big Circus and Riptide like this.
  4. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

He doesn't know shit about sports. I don't believe the 'Interception' stuff. And people have been bogarting for as long as weed has been around. Not an innovation. I was always the youngest, so I inevitably say sat in the back seat, which worked out perfectly because I could spend a little extra time on each circuit and no one noticed.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I always figured you would park on the grass, Sunshine.

Mr. Sunshine likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Surely this is the end of Barack Obama.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

This is what I've always said. The worst thing about marijuana, for all my life, has been that in order to obtain it, you must deal with people who are also offering harder drugs.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Maybe he can be in the NCAA's "most of our student athletes go pro in something other than sports" commercials.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

What, did you go to weed college?

three_bags_full likes this.
  11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Kind of a dick move.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Medical marijuana now legal in 28 states plus Washington DC.
    Recreational marijuana legalized in six states.

Draft saved Draft deleted