1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Final Four thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Angola!, Mar 25, 2007.

1. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Any of you know about this battle of seven-footers that's supposed to take place today?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

"I don't give a shit about Kentucky," said Florida coach Billy Donovan live on TV after losing to UCLA, and moments before paying tribute to the ghost of Adolph Rupp.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dear Claws: Based on what I've seen of both teams in the tourney, Hibbert and Oden will each play less than 20 minutes due to foul trouble.

4. Flying Headbutt

Oh there's no question both guys could sit out some major minutes, especially in the first half, in foul trouble. Heck I'm almost expecting it.

5. Flying Headbutt

BTW, have we just not seen someone ask Donovan why he has not absolutely come out and said there's no way he's going to Kentucky? He says he's focused on UCLA and blah blah blah, but I haven't seen anyone ask him why he refuses to say there's no way he'll be at Kentucky next year. Is that a lapse on our part, or is that part of interviews ending up on the cutting room floor or in papers I haven't read?

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Let's get this muthafucka started! Oh sweet Maker's Mark ...

7. Flying Headbutt

Kosher Coke and Captain Morgan here.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We're going Maker's Mark and Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper ... seriously a lot better than it sounds.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's tough to pick winners for tonight's games. All 4 teams are quality. One thing sticks out from the tournament leading up to tonight: Ohio State's comeback from 9 down with 3 minutes to go against Xavier, then winning in OT. That was quality.

I think Ohio State plays UCLA in the final.

Destiny says Ohio State plays Florida in the final, rematch of the football national championship, and can you imagine the ratings for that game?

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I really, really need for Florida and OSU to win. MU's fiancee has Georgetown in the final. Can't have that happen. I need to move past her.

It ticks me off, though, becuase I've got a friend on the UCLA staff, but oh well, money talks and shit.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Shit-ass call. That was a flop

12. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I was excited to watch the big men play. Guess I'll have to wait till the 2nd half....

Draft saved Draft deleted