1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Final Four on TNT, Baby!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm surprised. I thought 96 was a foregone conclusion.

Coaches will be pissed, but they should be thanking their lucky stars. Their job security is assured in spite of themselves.

2. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Imagine coaching one of those teams to miss the Field of 96. Yikes.

3. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Other thing I like about this deal: Every single game will be on national TV, thanks to TBS, TNT and TruTV being added to the mix. Now we can get true national coverage without the shameless star-fucking of ESPN.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if the NCAA didn't just float the 96 teams out there to find out fan reaction, when all along they only expected to expand by a few play-in games..

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Unless they seed these as a 16 and 17 seed, you might very well find the first 16 defeats 1 winner, since these teams are more than likely to be the current 15's and 16's playing against each other.

6. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Great point. I just had the same discussion in our office.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Saw that and loved it. Between that and the tournament expanding to only 68, I'm considering us college basketball fans lucky and fortunate this afternoon.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

DirecTV just lost a shitload of money.

9. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Amen! And hopefully Dick Vitale is off the air by 2026 and we don't have to worry about him working NCAA tournament games, absolutely the best reason to keep it off ESPN or ABC, in my opinion.

10. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

CBS & TNT will alternate coverage of the Final Four starting in 2016.

Some of the regional finals will migrate from CBS to TNT then, too.

By 2020, there will be NO major sporting events on broadcast TV. Maybe sooner if the Communistcast-NBC deal goes through. The cable companies/channels have a major stake in making sure the content on broadcast TV is as rancid as possible, and anything anybody would want to watch is on cable, to force us to buy.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

They'll make you crack yet, crimsonace!

Draft saved Draft deleted