1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Final Four and NCAA Title Game Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Somebody's still alive in their brackets.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'd love to see it, but 'Nova's going to have to shoot the lights out to win.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

That is not what I am saying -- it is a matchup of styles in the NCAA Tournament and Villanova, while clearly capable of scoring, has also shown in some games that it has no problem playing half-court basketball -- which Michigan State surely will want to make the game -- meaning the game would likely be played at the slower pace that the Spartans prefer and when that happens, given the way both teams defend, the game would likely be a lower scoring game with points at a premium.

It wasn't a knock on Villanova. It was a knock on the matchup.

If North Carolina is in the Final, Michigan State can try to slow them down all they want but unlike Villanova - which can play at any speed -- the Tar Heels are going to get the tempo moving faster because that is their comfort level.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I've been wrong pretty much the entire month, but I had UNC in my initial title game and I think they win. I'd assume UConn would win, but then again I thought Michigan State would get killed by Louisville.

Hmm, I'm going with UNC vs. Michigan State.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Well, that plan worked against Big Jawn's chippy, belligerent scum in the previous Game of the Ages in which they
    were involved.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

SPARTANS!
    [​IMG]

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

From the beginning of the year I've been expecting UNC-UCONN. Those are the most talented teams and I think they end up in the title game for a great dual. Talent doesn't always win out, though, so we'll see.

8. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I think UConn covers the four, and though NC has more talent than 'Nova, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Wildcats with a really good shot to steal this one. But what do I know? My bracket was an also-ran about four hours into the tournament.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dull as this is to predict, I can't really go against the clubs who have the best big people. UConn and UNC advance.

10. lono

lono Active Member

Can you say deja vu? Sure you can.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Dick Enberg just mispronounced Terre Haute. Die, fucker, die!

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Bill Self: "(Ty Lawson) is scoring the ball."

I didn't know there were ways in basketball to score without the ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted