1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Final Four and NCAA Title Game Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Game on starting about 18 hours from now.

Sparty vs. UCONN first, and Nova vs. UNC.

Who ya got?

2. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

OK, we've moved here......

Like I wrote in the now defunct NCAA thread ----

I saw some photos inside Ford Field -- I am now more than ever convinced that there will be no advantage for Michigan State as the fans are so far from the court -- and the building so large there is no way anyone playing in any of these games will hear any crowd noises -- well unless you count echoes.

I know the need to sell a zillion tickets -- but could we at least put the biggest basketball games back in some semblence of basketball arenas?

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

UConn, 'Nova.

'Nova wins Monday night.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I really wish the Final Four consisted of Siena, VCU, Cal State Northridge and Binghamton

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Realized earlier tonight I'm off Monday night. But I'd rather be in the office working on the game than watching it.

6. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

I was about to say I got the Fightin' Moddies, but since he's not there any longer, go Binghamton.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fuck UConn... that is all.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Villanova and Michigan State in the finals.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Villanova versus UConn -- we've already seen that.

To me, the best nat'l title game would be North Carolina versus Conn.

Which means we will get Villanova against Mich State and be treated to a 43-39 slug snooze fest.

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

It's hard to see anything but UConn and UNC, though I'm hoping 'Nova gives the Tar Heels a run.

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I hope it is UNC-UConn in a great game like Kansas-Memphis.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Not only that, but each school is only allotted less than 4,000 tickets. The Spartans playing at home is like an NFL team playing the Super Bowl in its home stadium: There is no advantage b/c the corporate weasels who fill up the seats don't make any goddamn noise.

So fuck Jim Calhoun for crying yet again how it's UConn against the world and how this is a road game for the Huskies. Just like three years ago when the Selection Committee rigged it so George fucking Mason could have the home court advantage in the Elite Eight, right? Because everyone knew the 11 seed would make the regional final. This just in, Jim: Mason would have been the crowd favorite in that game everywhere except Storrs...and my house.

It is not a fucking road game, you fucking crybaby. Shut the fuck up, you cheating sack of crap, and go Sparty.

Draft saved Draft deleted