1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Final episode of The Sopranos.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

That's what Chase wanted but the union pitched a fit. You know, all the fans of the show watched it for all those years just to find out at the end who the second assistant key dolly operator and understudy tie procurer was.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

If you're interested, here is how the SJ Universe reacted when it happened. One of my favorite threads ever here.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/42634/

I still believe what I did then. You can choose to view the ending however you want. I think he lives, because that is the greater punishment, living the rest of his life in fear, unable to relax. It doesn't matter if he gets it in that moment or years from that moment. What matters is we saw how miserable it is to be Tony Soprano.

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

"Oh, the movie never ends, it goes on and on and on and on ..."

4. Do you think it's better today because at least you know it isn't your cable company fucking up at the worst possible time and you didn't have to call several times just to get a busy signal because tons of people thought the same thing? Is that why you think it's better today than when you first saw it?

Because I can agree with that.

5. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

At least it wasn't like the LOST ending, where 80% of the viewing audience didn't get it and though they were dead the whole time. I still try in vein to explain to people that, yes, the Island was real, and then they all met up with each other, years later, in Purgatory.

I can understand some people's frustrations with the Soprano's, as everyone wants a story to come to a clear rap-up-the-loose-ends ending. But, I thought it was okay. Just accept that that was the last the audience gets to see.

If you want to see a great series ending IMO, watch the House series finale from last May. That was a great ending.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

After watching "The Sopranos" and 'Nurse Nancy," I think Edie Falco holds the women's world record for most F-bombs on TV.

And actors from the Sopranos keep showing up on NN almost every eposide, it seems.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The only person ever to get this correct was BYH's wife. He said her interpretation is that David Chase whacked the audience.

I agree.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Whoops. Yes, Nurse Jackie.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

God dammit, I'm only on Season 3 you bastards!

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Didn't Annette Funicello die from MS just (more than) a few days ago?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2016
    dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted