1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Final College World Series at Rosenblatt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

1-1 Bottom 11th
    SC batting
    Johnny Rosenblatt would be proud

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Congrats to the Chickens.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

The Chickens have done something that Spurrier has yet to do with the gridiron Chickens: win a national title.

Rosenblatt, what a great run you have had. I'm lucky I got to take pics of the place last summer.

Onward to downtown next year.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not only Spurrier, but every other coach on campus except the women's track coach. This is only the second national title in any sport for the school.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Erin Andrews: I'll tell you what to do ... go and enjoy this with your team!

This crap is crappier and crappier every time I hear a sideline reporter do it.
    Rant over.

Congrats to SEC member South Carolina on winning the big one.

6. mb

mb Active Member

Oh.My.God.

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Do you really think anyone cares about those other coaches? We're talking about the Ol' Ball Coach here! ;D ;D ;D

8. WS

WS Member

It was actually the first baseman, but what a dumbass. That happens all too often, though. Relief pitcher on team I cover did it after a bad outing last season.

On another note, another national title in a big sport for an SEC school.

9. mb

mb Active Member

And the amazing thing about the first baseman's dumbassery: The guy they brought in to replace him made two brilliant plays in the field. At lease one of which was a game-saver -- if only temporarily.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's bad and cheesy for an ESPN sideline reporter, but I'll confess to sometimes doing it at high school games I cover.
    I'll grab a kid before, say, the postgame huddle after a big football win. We're on deadline, it needs to be done. But then I'll see him glancing over to his buddies whooping and hollering and smiling, and see that he wants to be a part of it, and realize that in some small way I'm robbing him of a moment he'll never get back. Part of me always feels a little guilty about that, and as soon as I'm done I might tell him to go enjoy it.

Draft saved Draft deleted