1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Final College World Series at Rosenblatt

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Jun 19, 2010.

1. highlander

highlander Member

How about an epic TCU rally.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

FSU was up, 7-2. The first run that inning, that came in on the fielder's choice, was a routine double-play ball, 6-4-3, but the Seminoles were too slow in turning it. The guy was safe at first. It would have been the third out.
    The guy who hurt his arm wasn't their closer, but he was a big, studly dude who was throwing hard. Their closer is the left fielder, McGee. He came in when the big guy got hurt. The next key play was the catcher, Holaday, smashing one off the left-field wall with the bases loaded. Seminoles made a perfect relay and had Holaday out at second, but he slid to the outfield side of the bag and reached back with his hand. Great slide. If the second baseman had been able to tag him, inning over. Then the next guy got on to re-load the bases, and the cleanup hitter hit one over the batter's eye for a grand slam. Score now 9-7. Next guy gets a hit, next guy also homers, 11-7.
    FSU loaded the bases in the bottom of the eighth, but didn't score.
    A classic CWS comeback.
    Now, Purke vs. Rasmussen on Friday.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

...and you are correct, Zag!

I'm taking UCLA and TCU in the finals. I'm enjoying watching these two teams play. I'm hoping the rain doesn't keep throwing a monkey wrench into the CWS.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Someone please tell Purke to turn the damn cap around right and look like a ballplayer. He looks like a freaking mallrat who doesn't have enough money at the food court.
    Sorry, but there are some old-school things in baseball that should be preserved.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I don't think UCLA and TCU can play in the finals unless you mean the finals of the bracket.

6. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Fixed

7. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Yeah, it was a nice comeback by the Toads, but let's face it, if FSU makes a couple of little plays, like, oh, turning a routine double play or tagging a guy out trying to stretch a single into a double, or actually fielding their position, Noles win easily. Nice job, too, loading the bases in the bottom of the 8th and not getting anything out of it. Typical Florida State.

8. highlander

highlander Member

A routine double play? Rivera hit a chopper and he is the fastest player in the lineup. They weren't going to double him up on that play.

9. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

You could be right, but it looked to me like FSU was slow getting the relay over.

10. highlander

highlander Member

Rivera's pretty fast.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Highlander, it should have been a double play. Fast guys hit into double plays all the time. You're wrong.

12. mb

mb Active Member

In the "Holy Shit! Look at the size of that guys balls" Department, I submit South Carolina relief pitcher Michael Roth.

Season: 35 appearances, 26 1/3 innings
    Tonight: 9 IP, 1 R, 3 H

Draft saved Draft deleted