1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Final Champions League soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by guillermo112, May 18, 2011.

1. guillermo112

guillermo112 Guest

Who do you think is gonna win this game? Barcelona or Manchester United?

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Whoever it is, ESPN is going to shove the game down our throats whether 95% of America cares or not. I'm sure some producer will work hard to make sure the top 10 plays meets its quota from over there.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Barca. And isn't Fox showing the final?

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm pulling for Barca. The game should be fun to watch, but I don't see how Man U's defense can withstand the ball control offense that Barca brings.

Despite not having the rights...? The game will be shown on the local FOX affiliate.

If ESPN is playing highlights, and it should since this is a major sporting event, then I doubt they will go overboard with it.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Troll thread. Smells like Kermit McManus.

6. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I blame the SportsJournalists.com Facebook page.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

The game is on FOX. And it will do just fine in the ratings because believe it or not there are a lot of soccer fans in the country who want to watch a game between the two best clubs in the world.

And if Man U loses my son will be grumpy for a week. Myself, if Wolves and Blackpool can each win this weekend and avoid relegation I will be very happy.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

These are my two favorite clubs, though I'm not a huge fan of this year's Man U lineup.

I think Barca will win, but I am mostly rooting for an entertaining, offensive game. I don't want to see Man U load up on defense the way Real Madrid does when it plays Barca.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

No one will watch. No one cares about soccer in this country. Fox wasted money on the rights. Both teams suck because they don't have any Americans.

Way to go out on a limb, there.

11. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

I will send you $5 if you tell us which teams you like, other than the USMNT.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He always roots for the overdogs.

Draft saved Draft deleted