1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fill up your gas tank ... NOW

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Feb 12, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

it's down 3 cents here since this thread was started.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

The sky is not falling.

Gas is up a penny since yesterday.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The next time I put ExxonMobil in my tank will be the first time. Worst gas on the planet.

4. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Gas was down nine cents at one gas station on Tuesday.

I usually get gas today, so I'll see how much I'm getting gouged later.

If I have to walk, I'll have to start next week. It's not going to break 20 here this Saturday.

5. Buy a scooter.

...and a sweater.

Or carpoool.

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I might dispute that.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This being the road on which I HAVE to travel to get to work, approximately 15 miles away, I'm going to say no.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

Because walking/biking five miles to work when it's 10 degrees outside with eight inches of snow on the ground is such a good idea when there's no public transportation in your town. Not everybody lives in the big city.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

If I'm going to walk or bike to work, I'll either need a bodyguard, bullet-proof vest or machine gun.

10. Carpool? Even 1-2 times/week would make a huge impact.

I'm not singling you out Alley, I just get annoyed when people keep coming up with excuses. There's always a way. Think about it this way: If your car was in the shop and you didn't have a second car or the ability to afford a rental car, what would you do? You're saying you would stay home?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Which would be a great concept, except that very few of the people with whom I work live in the same town as me.

If you knew the greater Houston area, you'd have a greater appreciation of the concept of urban sprawl and how sometimes even carpooling isn't a practical concept.

Draft saved Draft deleted