1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fil-ing us in on the war....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Feb 16, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Violence in Baghdad has declined as thousands of U.S. and Iraqi forces flow into the city, but the dip is likely temporary while insurgents halt attacks to assess the situation, a U.S. commander said on Friday.

"They are watching us carefully," said Army Maj. Gen. Joseph Fil, commander of Multi-National Division Baghdad.

"There is an air of suspense throughout the city, expectation if you will, and we believe there's no question about it -- many of these extremists are laying low and watching to see what it is we do and how we do it."

"We do not believe that that is going to continue," Fil told reporters at the Pentagon by videoconference from Baghdad. "We do expect there are going to be some very rough, difficult days ahead. This enemy, they understand lethality and they have a thirst for blood like I have never seen anywhere before."
    ----

So, let's see...animals like this on our own streets, we eradicate, or we jail for life.

In Iraq, our soft coward liberal refuse is for political sake, letting these bastards live.

Fil said the number of attacks in Baghdad had declined significantly, and that none of the attacks in the past two days have been effective against U.S. and coalition forces.
    ----

Yeah, well, maybe we can't eliminate all the cockroaches. But if we launched an offensive that would make the entire freaking Middle East shudder, the population issue of these bastards wouldn't be near a concern. Fact: We have the most effective military power in the world. It's time to use it with the same zeal these bastards have to want to use it on us.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So we found a new home for that vampire chick in Arizona on the other thread...

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

How dare anyone question the military strategic sense of General Yawn! Capitalist lackeys believing the pablum fed to you by the Devil-spawned news media of the United States! Bow to me, General Yawn, for I have led glorious troops in battle and I know from which I speak!

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Why do you hate America and the military, alley?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

More importantly, is "lethality" a word?

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Because Americans hate fairness. Americans hate tolerance. Americans hate open-mindedness. Americans hate diversity.

7. MGoBlue

MGoBlue Member

I'm still trying to figure out what a capatalist is.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Alley's America and it's new flag:

[​IMG]

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I think so. But I think it's spelled with an extra "e" in Canada. Lethaelity...

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No, I think it would be "liethality"

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

My mistaeke.

12. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I don't know, I kind of like it. It would definitely spruce up our World Cup unis.

Draft saved Draft deleted