1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fighting Them There So We Can Round Up Crackpots Here

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Nice try, FB.
    Ridge said he often disagreed with those who wanted to raise the threat level, but did not admit that it was about fiddling with polls and elections. Not in anything I ever read. If you've got a link that says that, feel free.

2. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

Fenian has no proof. His is a serious case of paranoia where Bush is concerned. People like that fixate on a fear in unrealistic terms. It goes far beyond simply believing for something or standing against it. Bush, to him, is like a boogeyman to a kid. I really didn't think even Bill Clinton could mess my life up like he does Bush.

His real friends ought to help him out.

3. "More often than not we were the least inclined to raise it," Ridge told reporters. "Sometimes we disagreed with the intelligence assessment. Sometimes we thought even if the intelligence was good, you don't necessarily put the country on (alert). … There were times when some people were really aggressive about raising it, and we said, 'For that?'"

Apologies for attributing more to Ridge than he said. (Clinton Rules: He never denied it, either.)
    However, it should be noted that, according to the Homeland Security Act, only the Department of HS could raise or lower the threat level so it raises the question of who in the hell the DHS is talking about, and what their motivation was.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Not even close to even.

5. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Couple of things here, babble.

You've got almost 1,200 posts here, it's time you learn how to use the quote function properly.

Second, if you're going to continue to post on a journalists' message board, at least make an attempt at properly formed sentences. I'm not asking for proper punctuation or anything, but simple subject-verb agreement would be nice.

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

What gives you the idea our resident homophobe bobble is capable of proper grammar?

8. bobblehead

bobblehead Guest

Go sniff an ass, dog.

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm a little busy reading the posts from an ass at the moment.

10. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Dog is big on self-editing.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

You know, you'd think that after week after week of me handing you your ass that you'd wise up and just leave me alone.

But then, that would involve you learning, and God knows that ain't a possibility.

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

I was thinking about your assessment that these people are "crackpots" last night, and something occurred to me.
    Who would have thought that a bunch of flight-school dropouts could pilot jumbo jets into skyscraper buildings? But those crackpots were 3-for-4.
    Who would have thought that a low-level Army reject could cook up a bomb to blow up an entire Midwestern building? I give you Timothy McVeigh.
    And how about those crackpots that were so stupid they went back to pick up the deposit for a rental van they never returned? Those crackpots killed a half-dozen people in the first WTC bombing.
    These guys are crackpots right up until they pull the trigger, FB.

Draft saved Draft deleted