1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fighting the fuzz

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by doubledown68, Mar 2, 2008.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Wow. That didn't take long.

One step up from the Village People, Flash.

Can you spell "homoeroticism"? :)

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

My 03 Hyundai could outrun a Yugo, perhaps. But I believe those cop cars are a tad more powerful.

3. joe

joe Active Member

I don't know how many speeding tickets I've paid, but it's a lot. And my insurance has never went up because of them. Not once. Maybe I'm a lucky bastard, or maybe the "get a speeding ticket and your insurance rate will rise" is the boogeyman in the closet.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

You might be surprised; the Crown Victorias aren't all that fast or quick. With Chargers, though, it's another story -- even the V6 Charger is faster and quicker than the Crown Vic, and you can imagine what the Hemi is like.

5. Groovy, man.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Prior to moving to the small town I live in I had driven for nine years and received no tickets.

In the 21 months I have lived in said small town: 4 tickets, and I don't drive any faster now

7. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

I thought this thread was about... um... personal maintenance.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I just tell the police who I am and what I do. They usually tell me to have a good night and send me on my way.

9. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

So "I'm Mike and I watch Fresh Prince reruns before going to bed alone" impresses them?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, sometimes I say Home Improvement, but yeah. You get the gist.

Draft saved Draft deleted