1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fight! Fight! On the Knicks bench

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Someone remind me. Why does Isiah Thomas have a job?

2. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

My guess is, photos. Lots of them.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

he played on some pretty good teams in detroit?

4. That's about all I can come up with. Well, besides crusoes' theory.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

He did a pretty good job of running the CBA (into the ground)....Now where's that stupid blue font??

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Ever since Grunfeld took three Final Four participants in the first round of the '96 draft (John Wallace, Walter McCarty, Dontae' Jones) the Knicks have been on a slide.
    That first season after the deal, the Knicks were up 3-1 on the Heat in the second round of the playoffs before another bench-related brawl spiraled them downward and outward.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Wow, that was a craptastic draft.

Wallace was probably the most productive player overall (I'm just going from memory here). McCarty gets the nod for longevity. Jones also played for the Celtics.

That's all I've got.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I'll give you that those were some shitty draft picks, but can't say I agree that 96 was the beginning of the slide. The Knicks' record actually improved substantially in 97 over what it was in 96, and 97-01 were all good years to be a Knicks fan, including reaching the NBA finals in 99 and the East Finals in 00.

The decline really didn't kick in until after the 00 season, but once it started to go it went HARD, more like a complete crash than a slide, especially after little Dolan and Isiah assumed full control and turned the franchise's management into a laughingstock.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

none of us really know. it automatically happens sometimes. i think moddy injects the blue when he feels the sarcasm font is needed.

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

In other words, Blitz, your statement could not be more wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted