1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fifteen years ago today, O.J. and A.C. went for a little ride

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Is that The Edge? I didn't realize he had a gangsta rap faze.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I think the whole thing was just a couple of hours from the time the press conference was held until A.C. pulled in at Brentwood.

I had spent the day visiting relatives (and watching a little soccer on the TV) and was driving back to my house two hours away, and got the press conference on the radio about the time I hopped on the freeway. About halfway home was when I heard they had spotted O.J. in the white Bronco and were in pursuit. So the experience for me was primarily via audio (my Sony Watchman, which I had experienced Waco on during a similar trip the year previous, having bitten the dust).

When I got back to town, I stopped at a buddy's house first thing and the dumbass was watching HBO. He didn't have a fucking clue what was going on. By that point, the chase was over pretty much.

Leno had a funny joke the following Monday. "He's on the 10! He's on the 5! He's on the 91! He's on the 405! He's going home! He's going home!"

3. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It's funny so many people mention the Watchman. I never knew anyone that had one and I'm not sure I've ever seen more than one or two.

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Yeah, me too. I think I knew one person in my entire life who had one. And I think I grew up in its "heyday." Maybe we were hanging with the wrong crowd (i.e. there's a lot of rich folks here)?

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I had one before it got stolen out of my car during a break-in. I think a lot of sportswriters had them when they came out. They were only like $99 if I remember right. Quite a bit less than an iPod and everyone seems to have one of those and no one thinks they are "rich."

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Mine was a Christmas gift so I don't know how much they cost, but they were the dog's nuts. I got plenty of mileage out of mine. Problem was, they broke easily.

7. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Touche. I paid more than that for my iPod. But it's much more useful. And I'm rich now! :p

8. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Actually, those things were pretty darn useful, if you were covering a game on network TV. You could watch the replays right at your spot in the press box! And you could watch other games while you were writing.

9. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I see your point. But I was still in high school/college when they were the hot ticket. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted